Thank you very much for your interest in this study and your willingness to take part!
In the following you will be presented with some details about our EU-funded project “PsyCris”, which stands for Psycho-social Support in Crisis Management (7th EU framework program, Theme 10: Security, FP7-SEC-2012-1/No.312395).
PsyCris aims to develop procedures and tools that improve psycho-social support in matters of civil protection and crisis management. Among the objectives of the project are:
1) A review of existing means of psychological and medical assistance applicable for mass casualties in the European context.
2) The improvement of support strategies for victims as well as for crisis managers.
3) The improvement of psychological, psycho-social and medical preparedness for extreme events
4) The development of psychological methods to better cope with stress and to reduce stress-induced disorders
5) To make efficient self-help strategies available to the larger population affected by a disaster
6) To investigate the psycho-social, sociological and cultural longer term impact following an extreme event
Participation in this study is entirely voluntary. The data gathered will be kept strictly confidential and will only be accessible by project staff. Coded data will be securely and anonymously stored in accordance with LMU’s psychological ethics commission’s data protection and ethical policies. The aggregated data from all participants will be reported in project reports and may subsequently be published in journal articles and presented at scientific conferences. Dissemination of any kind will not identify individual participants.
You may decide to stop being a part of the research at any time without explanation or disadvantages..
Many thanks for your assistance with this research.
If you require further information about the study, please feel free to contact the project coordinator.
Dr. Christine Adler (project coordinator)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)
Department of Psychology - Project PsyCris
D-80802 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 89 2180-5175